Travel Tips & Essentials
My career requires a lot of travel! Whether it's a one hour flight to Sydney or 14 hour trip to the states - I always stick by the same rules. Hydration & comfort!
Hydration: When you fly, it's so important you keep hydrated. Avoid coffee and alcohol on a flight and stick to water. Grab a 1litre at the airport if you can or take some hydralytes in your bag. Don't bother with makeup, just keep a good moisturiser near you & apply it before and after.
Comfort: In terms of an outfit, go for something loose and stretchy & invest in some slip on shoes. Have a look below - these babies are my new travel essential! The EMU Wrenlette slide is cute, comfy and easy to slip on & off during the flight. You want to slip them off & pop on big socks to keep warm and then of course slip them back on to go to the bathroom or have a stroll down the aisle (another important tip for travel - keep moving every few hours to ensure good circulation!)
Now onto what I pack! My five absolute essentials (including the Wrenlette slides of course) are;
- My phone charger - it's a good idea to also think about an adapter prior to flying if you're travelling overseas
- My camera - creating memories wherever you go is priority! I love an old school camera rather than always using my iPhone. Something way more special about it. On this note; keep reading for details how you could win your very own Nikon DSLR! One of the best cameras around!!
- Face wipes - The babies are the best! To protect your skin you should always fully remove your make up before hitting bed! Wipes are easy to pack, they won't leak in your bag and they weigh almost nothing.
- Swimwear - You'll all have noticed 99% of the time I'm going somewhere warm!!)
- My toothbrush - nothing worse than being conscious of bad breath!
So travel bugs if you're planning a trip anytime soon, get yourselves some Wrenlettes and enter the Emu Travels competition asap. To win the prize (which includes a Nikon DSLR camera, brand new Samsonite luggage plus more!) it only takes 3 quick steps;
1. Follow @emuaustralia on Instagram
2. Post a photo on your own Instagram of you wearing you EMU’s in your favourite place. Use my pics below as inspo!
3. Grab the EMU team’s attention by tagging @emuaustralia and @nikonaustralia plus use the hashtag, #emutravels
Winners announced November 6th! Good luck & safe travels guys.