Easy beauty tips & tricks!
The start of the year always brings a bunch of events, festivals, parties & fashion week! Working in this industry means I always need to be ready to be somewhere at the drop of a hat!! I can't always rely on a team of stylists & hair and makeup artists - so I've been picking up my own little tips along the way! Plus it's fun to do things your own way from time to time!
As you all know ulta3 is my go-to for all things face & beauty. Two of the best things about the brand include 1) The never ending variety of colours & shades and 2) Their price point. ulta3 is fantastic quality at affordable prices meaning I can grab enough pieces for my kit to create a tonne of different looks!
I spoke a lot about RED in my last blog! A romantic, fun, bold and playful colour that never gets old. I love it as a quick last minute pop to my outfit.
I wanted to share a few more tips. Just four really easy things you can do yourself at home - that'd I've picked up over the years from the awesome creatives I get to work with ...
- Using a good Primer is key to protect your skin & keep your makeup even and long lasting (especially in summer when you tend to sweat!) Pop it on under your makeup, just like a moisturiser. I use the ulta3 Illuminating Primer to create a little extra dewiness to my skin.
- Having a few shades of foundation & concealer is vital. When you're tanned there is nothing worse than wearing a shade of make up 2 or 3 times lighter! Enhance your tan with a tinted moisturiser & bronzer ! The Ready To Glow 3 Piece Set from ulta3 is amazing. I keep both Light and Medium/Dark so I'm sorted all year round.
- Keeping your eyes simple with a big thick, curly lash is more than enough to rock a red carpet event! Less is more girls! The Volume & Length Mascara is a winner!
- Groomed nails. Having your nails painted (fingers and toes) makes you feel a little more polished! It takes 10mins max and can turn a look around. My current favourite colour range at the moment is the The Flower Girl 5 Piece Set. 5 warm & happy summery colours!
Below are some little videos I filmed for Cosmopolitan magazine with my ulta3 makeup bag! Everything I use in the videos is listed below!
Have fun & don't forget that to remove all of your make up before bed! And drink plenty of water to keep your skin fresh & hydrated!
- Nail Polish in Orange Fest $2.50
- Ready to Glow Illuminating Primer $8.95
- CC Cream Hydrating Colour Corrector in Medium-Dark $9.50
- Cover It Concealer Duo in Medium-Dark $5.95
- Perfect Your Glow Strobing Kit $14.95
- All About Eyes Eyeshadow Palette in Nudes $13.95
- Felt Tip Eye Liner $6.95
- Volume & Length Mascara $6.95
- Long Wear Lip Liner in Wild Fire $4.95
- ulta Matte Long Wear Lip Cream in Wild Fire $7.95
VIDEO ONE ... Girly Date Night Vibes!
VIDEO TWO ... FESTIVAL VIBES & WEEKEND READY!