Guest Bedroom Week!
Week two of The Block and we decided to up the anti & include a walk in robe AND an ensuite!! That means we took the challenge from one room to three! Big, bold move!!
We had a great week in the end & created the perfect guest bedroom. After spending a night in the Yarra Valley, Josh & I wanted to create a “get-a-way” feeling that was suited to guests, grandparents or teenagers. Somewhere people can hide away & get a real sense of personal space.
Clever Joshy got very creative and handmade the beautiful wall paneling around the four walls. This added such a unique touch… the aim was to replicate vibes from the iconic Californian bungalow homes. The boy did well! Hopefully we can repeat this paneling throughout the front part of our house to extenuate the era of the house. All comes down to time & budget
We kept the aesthetic of the guest room very clean & fresh this week. Keeping things stripped back was our plan from the start to make sure that the house came across as a valuable purchase. It's important to make sure potential buyers can imagine their own things in the space as they walk through it. If our styling choices were too over the top, we risk pigeon holing ourselves! Simple and elegant is the key.
Our custom made blue velvet bedhead (by Heatherly Designs) was our key feature this week for sure! The material & the colour are so luxuriously striking. That bedhead honestly grabs your eye as soon as you walk in. Neale loved it! Having a few striking feature pieces throughout the house is a good way to make sure the place memorable, which is super important in a competition like The Block. We are confident our bedhead was a good styling move.
To compliment the bedhead, we added a beautifully colourful artwork by Prudance Caroline. This added a calming feeling to the bedroom. It feels rich in luxury & peace.
In regards to the rest of the room, we used a combination of blue and white linen and white textured throws to add softness & warmth. If you’ve lived in Melbourne, you will know that warm bedrooms & living areas are absolutely vital! You want to walk into a room & feel cosy and safe.
Our brown leather & beige feature pillows (by Curious Grace) added some little pops of texture. Not all of our interior pieces were easy to get hold of this week … but we worked out butt off to get them on time (and within our budget!), and it sure did pay off!
The ensuite bathroom turned out beautifully. We included handmade white subway tiles paired with black & white vintage patterned floor tiles. Looked epic. The idea was to create an "ever lasting ensuite". To finish off the bathroom with some luxe vibes, we used This Is Raw body washes & creams. The black bottles gave the bathroom a sense of elegance. Perfection!
And lastly regarding our ensuite - in terms of tap wear, we worked with Sussex products in gun metal. The game plan is to continue this colour in other rooms … consistency is key :)
For more details & to see where we purchased our goodies – please see a full list below! Then make sure to head to The Block Shop and treat yourself!! OR use the information as inspiration & start planning your very own renovation!
Many more exciting rooms to come … so stay tuned!! @joshandelyse is where you can find us on Instagram!
Until next room reveal,
- Manor Halophane Glass Shade (Beacon Lighting)
- Manor Wall Bracket (Beacon Lighting)
- Carpet Creekwood/1310 Candlwick (Carpet Court)
- White Shutters (Carpet Court)
- Daikin Multi-Split Air Conditioner (Daikin)
- 100% Pre-washed Silver, Grey Linen Cushion (Eadie Lifestyle)
- Rattan Plant Stand in Chicken Eye, Black (Fenton and Fenton)
- Custom Made Lincoln Bedhead with Sibella Wings (Heatherly Design Bedheads)
- Early Hollywood Print (Myne by Prudence Caroline)
- Sussex Scala Guest Towel Ring in Brushed Gunmetal (Reece)
- Square Grate-Suit 80mm Leak Ctrl Flg CP (Reece)
- Roca Inspira Soft Vessel Basin (Reece)
- Posh Solus Wall Top Assembly in Chrome (was then plated to Brushed Gunmetal) (Reece)
- ADP Universale Mushroom Waste 32/40 in Gloss White (Reece)
- MILLI Pure Wall Basin 200mm Outlet in Brushed Gunmetal (Reece)
- Sussex Scala 900mm Double Towel Rail in Brushed Gunmetal (Reece)
- Posh Solus Back to Wall Toilet Suite (Reece)
- Sussex Scala Straight Toilet Roll Holder in Brushed (Reece)
- MILLI Pure Shower Head + MILLI Pure Horizontal Shower Arm (Reece)
- Posh Solus Wall Top Assembly in Chrome (Reece)
- Tray (for products) (Reece)
- Vanoise Wall Bracket Light (Schott's Home Emporium)
- This is Raw, Body Lotion 500G | For Man, Woman & Child (This Is Raw)
- This is Raw, Coconut Balm 175G | For Man, Woman & Child (This Is Raw)
- VELUX Skylight - Solar Powered Opening (Velux)
- Orange Leather Cushion (Barnaby Lane)
- Standard Pillows (Bdirect)
- Blue Towels (Bed Bath n Table)
- Round Tripod Folding tables (Loft Furniture)
- Vintage Coathooks (Schots Home Emporium)