R U OK?
How many times a day do we worry about what others are doing? What they're wearing, where they are going, who they are hanging out with. How many times of the day do we compare our lives with others?! I know ... TOO many!
Social media is a dangerous place to look when your feeling a little low. It's not always real! Social media is a great way for people to portray a version of happiness but it doesn't for one second paint a real picture of what happiness really is. Happiness is something you feel.
I'm writing this blog to remind myself & all of you, that making sure your family and friends are OK is the most important part of life! Make sure to simply ask them "how are you?", "is there anything you need help with"... or simply just "are you ok?" It takes one second but it can make a huge difference to someone who might be feeling stuck, alone, upset or just flat.
Make sure you take the time to listen and be there for them.
We can all relate to feeling down sometimes. It's human to feel a little down! What's important is how you handle it & what you do to prep yourself up again. And not just you, those around you as well.
The mind is a powerful thing. Just when we think we've lost all control, we have to strengthen up & take the reins with both hands! When we are weak, we need to push hard to become strong again. Learning to cope with many different emotions is tricky but far from impossible.
When I feel down, I lean on my boyfriend Josh for a shoulder to cry on. I try so hard to keep it all together. It usually takes me about 15 minutes of saying things like "nothings wrong. I'm fine," before I spill the beans breakdown. But once I do, I immediately feel better. Talking about your feelings makes the world of difference. Taking the negative vibes out of your body to make room for support & positivity is what you need to aim for.
Regardless of my mood, I always take time away from social media & spend time with my dog Isla. Isla makes me happy! She distracts me & brings the biggest smile to my face! This time out allows me to fully reset & restore. Whether it's a few hours or a few days, I make sure that my body is feeling strong and fit & my mental state is feeling positive & determined. If I didn't do this, I would burn out!
As I said in the article below, happiness is the the key to life. But happiness doesn't come naturally all the time. Like everything else, we have to work at it! It's all about balance.
The book below, First, We Make the Beast Beautiful by Sarah Wilson is a perfect example of what this blog is all about.
Sarah writes about her struggle with depression and anxiety. You would never know about her darker moments as she always seems like such a bright & happy soul when you see her in person or even on TV! She is a bright & happy soul, but like everyone else, she's dealt with her own struggles & continues to battle them with a strong mind to this day. She doesn't shy away or give up, she tackles things head on.
I admire Sarah's strength and honesty. I admire that she can admit when things are not perfect. She writes about how we can turn negatives into positives & keep on moving, learning & growing.
Life is grand!! We are LUKCY to be here. We just have to constantly check in with ourselves and our loves ones and make sure that we are in fact all OK.
So in summary, my personal goals are below! I'd love for you to share them with me!
- Spread the love. Make sure people know that they can count on you for time & advice. Be approachable & kind. One day you will need them too!
- Be strong. We are all stronger than we think.
- Express your emotions. Talk about them with friends & family. Get a diary & write things down.
- Get off social media when you're down. Or just make sure to have a day or so completely removed from it each week. Comparing yourself to others is never healthy, so give yourself a break and celebrate you!
- Remember that no one is perfect. Everyone has hiccups, insecurities & struggles. We are all born with imperfections so try not to judge people who you think have it easier than you. Be happy with yourself.
- Keep in mind that the grass is never greener on the other side. Be thankful for what you have and work hard for what you want. It's fine to be ambitious & dream big!! But do it honestly.
- Support people, surprise people with genuine care & smile like you mean it.
Big happy loves!